If you are reading this article, you are either a new laptop owner or a seasoned computer user who is simply looking for some good tips on how to keep your laptop running like new. Either way, you are in the right place. The following 7 steps will help you keep your laptop running like new:
1. Never leave it in a car parked in the sun or any other hot place
2. Never use liquid to clean the display screen or keyboard
3. Never put pressure on the display
4. Never pick up the laptop by gripping it from the front of the display
5. A small bag of rice can save your life – if your laptop gets wet, remove battery and all connectors, place in rice bag for 24 hours and hope for best!
6. Always use a protective cover – this will prevent damage if you drop it on hard surface
7. Do not eat food while using laptop – crumbs can fall into keyboard, causing havoc!
Whether you are a business person, a student, or a writer, having your laptop work like new is important. It speeds up your work and allows for better focus. Here are 7 tips to keep your laptop running like new:
1. Install antivirus software on your laptop: This is especially important if you use the internet to shop and bank. You should always have the latest version of antivirus software. If you can afford it, get the paid version; it will offer more protection than the free version.
2. Clean up your desktop: Your desktop should only contain icons that you use every day. Everything else should be in folders inside “My Computer” or on an external hard drive. This will speed up processing time and give you more space on your computer.
3. Install Microsoft Updates: Updates are released by Microsoft to fix issues that they may have found in their programs. These updates are often vital to keeping your computer running fast and securely. You can set Windows to download these updates automatically if you wish; this will save time remembering to run the update when prompted.
4. Keep your hard drive as clean and de-fragmented as possible: Over time and with use, data gets fragmented on the hard drive which slows down
When you spend as much time on your laptop as I do, you really want to keep it running at its best. Having a laptop that is slow or constantly crashes is absolutely frustrating. You can’t get any of your work done and you have to close all of your other programs to make it run smoothly again.
In this post, I am going to share with you 7 steps that I use to keep my laptop running like new for years and years!
Your laptop is an investment, so it’s important that you take care of it. Proper care will keep your laptop running like new for years. Here are some tips to keep in mind when caring for your laptop!
1. Keep the Hard Drive Clean
There are many tools out there to help clean up your hard drive, but the most basic one is CCleaner from Piriform. CCleaner can remove temporary files, applications you don’t use anymore and even broken shortcuts (you’d be surprised how much space those can use). It also has a registry cleanup tool and other features to help speed up your system.
2. Uninstall Applications You Don’t Use
The fastest way to uninstall applications on Windows is through the Control Panel. Just open the Control Panel, click Programs and then select Uninstall a Program. You’ll see a list of all of the programs installed on your computer. Select any you want to uninstall, then press the Uninstall button at the top of the window. You can also do this in Windows 8 by searching for “Add or Remove Programs” with Cortana or by opening the Start menu and typing “Add or Remove Programs.”
3. Back Up Your Data
Backing up your data is one of the most important things you
Laptops are convenient, portable and you can use them anywhere. They have become so commonplace that we often forget to take care of them. If you’re like me, you might have seen your laptop’s performance gradually decline over the years. It gets slower and slower, more sluggish and begins to experience system freezes and crashes.
So how do you keep your laptop running like new?
1. Keep your laptop cool
Your laptop is a delicate machine with all its components packed into a small, sealed area. This can lead to overheating if proper care is not taken. To prevent overheating, make sure you don’t put your laptop on soft surfaces like a bed or a pillow where it will be unable to dissipate heat properly. Also take care not to block the vents by putting other objects near the laptop when it is in use.
2. Keep it dust free
Dust can clog up the vents of your laptop and cause it to overheat and shut down automatically as a safety measure. That is the reason your laptop shuts down in the middle of games or other processor-intensive tasks. Dust can also cause electrical shorts if it settles on the motherboard or other internal components. These issues can be avoided by keeping your laptop clean both inside and out with
1. Keep it clean: A dirty laptop can cause heat to build up and create problems. Cleaning your laptop is only a matter of wiping away the dust and dirt, but it can prevent overheating and other issues.
2. Regularly update your software: Software updates are an excellent way to fix bugs and keep your computer running smoothly.
3. Back up your files: You should always have the most important files on your laptop stored in multiple places, in case an issue erases them from your computer.
4. Keep it cool: Your laptop will run more efficiently if it isn’t too hot, so be sure to invest in a cooling pad or stand that can help regulate its temperature.
5. Regularly defragment your hard drive: This helps keep large files running smoothly by storing them in an organized manner that makes it easy for the computer to find them when you need them.
6. Don’t overload it with programs: Sometimes people try to cram their laptops with lots of programs, which slows down their performance and causes lots of issues. If you don’t use a program regularly, get rid of it!
7. Reduce startup items: When you turn on your laptop, it might take a while to boot up if there are