Forget ties and cologne. This year, give dad a gift he’ll actually use, like the latest tech and gadgets. From GPS to digital picture frames, there’s something for every type of dad this holiday season.
Top 7 holiday gifts for dads
1. Garmin Nuvi 200 GPS navigator. If your father is a frequent traveler or has trouble finding his way around town, the Nuvi 200 is a great choice. It’s easy to use and lightweight, and it comes with a vehicle power cable so he can use it on the road or on foot. It also features text-to-speech capability, which allows it to say street names at turns.
2. MobiBlu Cube 2 MP3 player. This tiny player holds up to 1 GB of music and is compatible with Windows Media Player, so dad won’t have to worry about installing new software just to listen to his tunes. Plus, it looks like an ice cube!
3. iRobot Roomba Discovery robot vacuum cleaner. Give dad the gift of time with an automatic vacuum cleaner that does all the work for him — no bending or stooping required! The Roomba Discovery sweeps and vacuums floors in one step, where most vacuums require multiple passes
The holidays are around the corner, which means it’s time to find a gift for the gadget lover in your family. Here’s a list of some of our favorite gadgets for dads this holiday season.
1. Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9-inch – $379
2. Leap Motion Controller – $79
3. Parrot AR Drone 2.0 Quadricopter – $299
4. HP Envy Rove 20-k014us Mobile All-in-One Desktop PC – $1149
5. Jawbone BIG JAMBOX Wireless Bluetooth Speaker and Speakerphone – $299
6. Canary Smart Home Security Device – $249
7. GoPro HERO3+: Black Edition Adventure Camera – $399
There are several holiday gift-giving occasions that dads look forward to. These gifts can be fun, but they also have practical value, and will make your dad’s life easier. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on the perfect gift for dad; you just need to put a little thought into it.
Here are some of the top seven holiday gifts for dads. 1. A Memorable Trip. A trip is a great option for a man who already has everything he needs or wants. While the trip itself would be an unforgettable experience, the planning and preparation could be just as much fun as the trip itself. 2. The Newest Gadgets. There is always a new gadget on the market that men want to get their hands on. If your dad loves gadgets, then this is an excellent option for him. 3. Travel Accessories and Gear. Men love traveling, but there are times when they may not want to take everything with them on their travels. Purchasing travel accessories and gear can help them pack lighter while still having everything they need on hand at all times. 4. A Photo Book or Albums Containing Family Photos or Personal Memories. This is another great gift idea for any occasion and at any age in life; it will be very
By David Lidsky, editor-at-large
Gifts often become mired in sentimentality. You get dad yet another tie, which he adds to the collection stuffed in a drawer. Or you get mom those earrings she’ll never wear. What if you gave the people in your life something that’s actually useful? And something they’d have fun playing with? The following are our top picks for gadgets that can help dad get more out of his digital photos, cook like a pro, watch his favorite shows on the go, and a lot more. From $20 to $1,000, this list has something for every budget. Just make sure to pick up some batteries to go along with that new toy.
Portable DVD player
It’s hard to justify watching TV on the road when there’s so much scenery outside. But when the kids start fighting in the back seat, or when it’s raining out and you want to take a break from driving for a bit, it’s nice to have a portable DVD player (PDP) handy. This one from Sony has an 8-inch LCD screen and is relatively small and light (2 pounds), making it easy to pack into your luggage. It comes with an AV cable that
From fatherly advice to the best in tech, here’s what dad may want this holiday season.
The holidays are the perfect time to pamper the dad in your life and show him how much you appreciate him. So why not add a little extra fun to his day? After all, your dad deserves it.
This year, consider giving Dad a gift that he can use every day. These gadgets will help Dad stay active, organized and entertained. And they’ll do so with style and ease. Discover our top picks for dads who like to move it, move it!
1. The Sense-U Thighband
For the dad who loves to cook, this portable induction cooktop is a great option. It offers precise temperature control and heats up faster than traditional cooking methods. It’s also easy to clean and makes food taste better by retaining more of its natural flavor and nutrients.
It works by using electromagnetic energy to heat pans directly rather than heating a surface (like an electric coil).
This means that you’ll get faster cooking times with less waste since there aren’t any hot spots or cool spots on the surface where food might burn or not cook properly.
You can even use it indoors outdoors (with an extension cord) so it’s perfect for camping trips or backyard barbecues!
The Coolest Cooler is the best thing you can buy for dads who love to entertain outdoors. It has everything they need in one place: a built-in blender, bottle opener, cutting board, multiple storage compartments, bluetooth speaker and USB charger.
It also features wheels so they won’t have to carry their cooler around all day long when hosting parties at home or tailgating before games!
The Coolest Cooler will keep your drinks cold for up to 36 hours thanks in part due to its extra thick insulation layer made from recycled plastic bottles.”
1. DVL-700 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
2. Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX1
3. KitchenAid Stand Mixer – Silver Metallic
4. Xbox 360 Elite Console Bundle
5. Nikon COOLPIX S60 Digital Camera
6. HP Pavilion dv9700t 17″ Notebook PC
7. Acer Aspire One A150 8.9″ Netbook Computer