As gadget lovers, we know the importance of a stress free holiday. We’ve put together our top 10 tips for ensuring that your gadgets are ready for your travels.
1. Invest in travel adapters
2. Charge before you go
3. Backup your photos
4. Get a dual battery charger
5. Keep a list of gadgets you need to bring with you on holiday
6. Take an external hard drive to store all your movies and TV shows
7. Protect your gadgets with a waterproof case or camera bag
8. Make sure everything is covered by insurance! If not, get some good coverage (recommendations)
9. Check Gadget World’s Luggage Guide for the best luggage options (link)
10. Remember to buy Gadget World’s Top Travel Gadgets!
The summer holidays are almost upon us again and it’s time to start thinking about the gadgets you’ll need on your travels. Whether you’re off on a family camping holiday or a luxury beach break, Gadget World has got it covered!
Choosing the right gadgets can make all the difference to your holiday experience. They’re also a great way of keeping the kids entertained. Here are our top 10 tips for choosing the best holiday gadgets for your trip:
Buy a waterproof digital camera
If you’re going somewhere hot, humid, wet or sandy then get yourself a tough digital camera. You don’t want to risk damaging your iPhone photo library by getting sand in the lens and you’ll be glad of the zoom when taking pictures of wildlife and scenery. If you’re worried about getting your camera wet then look for one with a shockproof case. This will give it extra protection if you drop it in water or fall over while running after a dolphin!
Get yourself a waterproof MP3 player
Listening to music is great while lounging on the beach or pool but if you’re heading out around town or having an active holiday then you need something that can withstand rain, sweat and being dropped in sand without breaking. A waterproof
We all know how stressful the holidays can be, and this year has been especially hard for everyone. From dealing with the worries and stress caused by COVID-19 to handling your own personal challenges, there’s a lot to think about these days.
To get through this holiday season in one piece, you need to take a step back and relax. But sometimes, it can be hard to find the time. That’s why we want to help you out by giving you our top 10 tips for a stress free holiday!
1. Make sure your electronics are charged and ready to go – Nothing is more stressful than realizing your phone or laptop might die while you’re still on that video call with grandma! Before you start your holiday festivities, make sure all your electronics are in good shape and have a full charge.
2. Buy extra batteries – if you have any older gadgets that happen to run on battery power, make sure you have at least a couple spare sets on hand just in case things go wrong. You never know when that flashlight may come in handy!
3. Have backup plans – Whether it’s planning an alternate route for the drive home or making sure you have an extra gift or two for those unexpected guests who show up
The holiday season is meant to be a time of rest and relaxation, but according to the British Medical Association, it can also be a time of stress and anxiety. Here are our top ten tips for avoiding this seasonal strain.
1. Prioritise your packing: make sure you only take what you need by writing a list before you pack. This will avoid you taking unnecessary items that add extra weight to your luggage.
2. Get a luggage scale: there’s nothing more stressful than being told at check-in that your baggage is overweight, so weigh it before you leave home with a luggage scale.
3. Don’t forget your travel adaptor: make sure you can use all your gadgets abroad with a plug adaptor – these come in all shapes and sizes depending on where you are going so make sure you check before departure!
4. Check in online: save yourself time at the airport by checking in online as early as possible and printing out your boarding card at home. This will give you more time to relax at the airport while avoiding queues!
5. Pack light: if you’re flying try to pack as lightly as possible – most airlines now charge for checked luggage so try to pack everything
Each year when the summer holiday seasons come around, we find ourselves worrying about our luggage and what to take with us. After all, you don’t want to be the one who can’t find their phone charger or who has to buy new swimmers because you forgot your old pair at home.
Below is a list of gadgets that can help you get organised and make sure you have a stress-free holiday.
1. Travel Organizer:
1. If travelling abroad, contact your network provider and let them know where you’re going and how long for.
2. Get a sturdy case to protect your phone – there are loads of waterproof ones available now too, so it’s also perfect for the beach.
3. Sort your holiday snaps out before you go; delete any blurry or rubbish ones, and put them in folders by date. It’s so much easier when you get home, and means you can start sharing the good ones straight away!
4. If you’re going on a road trip, pick up a car charger for your phone – you don’t want to be stuck with no phone or sat nav when you need it most! You can pick them up relatively cheaply from Amazon, eBay or Argos.
5. Keep your gadgets charged whilst away by packing an adaptor, which means that all of your chargers will fit all of the sockets in the hotel room (they tend to have European round pins rather than the flat pin ones we have in UK).
6. Keep a power bank with you at all times – they come in handy when travelling on planes/trains/buses as often there are no power points available.
1. Charge all your devices before you leave.
2. Buy a car charger for long journeys.
3. Pack a universal worldwide adapter plug.
4. Don’t forget the travel surge protector and extension lead.
5. Protect your devices with a waterproof case or bag, especially if you want to take them to the beach or poolside.
6. Download Kindle books for reading on the beach or by the pool – no more heavy paperbacks! Just don’t forget your e-reader!
7. If you find yourself wandering around a strange city, download an app that will help you navigate and get you back on track in no time!
8. Download some travel apps before you leave home to make the most of your trip and stay connected while abroad– they could help save you time and money!
9. Make sure your phone is unlocked – then buy a local SIM card when you arrive at your destination – cheaper calls and data downloads are a bonus!
10. Don’t forget to pack the portable battery charger so that you can top up your gadgets while on the go!