6 Hollywood Stars Who Are in the Tech Business Now: A blog around tech startups and well-known actors.
1. Ashton Kutcher: is an American actor, producer, investor, former model and occasional former DJ. His breakout role was as Michael Kelso in the Fox sitcom That ’70s Show (1998–2006). He made his film debut in the romantic comedy Coming Soon (1999), followed by the comedy film Dude, Where’s My Car? (2000), which was a box office hit. In 2003, Kutcher moved into romantic comedies, appearing in that year’s Just Married and My Boss’s Daughter. In 2003, he starred in the lead role of the psychological film The Butterfly Effect and gained public recognition.
2. Sean Parker: co-founder of Napster, Plaxo, Causes, Airtime, and Brigade; he served as Facebook’s first president and is now chairman of its board of directors. He also co-founded the music streaming service Spotify
3. Kevin Costner: is an American actor, director, producer and musician who is best known for his roles as Eliot Ness in The Untouchables (1987), Crash Davis in Bull Durham (1988), Ray Kinsella in Field
A recent example of an actor who has taken to tech is Ashton Kutcher. The former That 70s Show star and Hollywood heartthrob has invested in more than a dozen startups, including big-name brands like Spotify and Foursquare.
But Kutcher is not alone in the entertainment business when it comes to investing in hot tech startups. Many other well-known actors have also joined the ranks of angel investors and venture capitalists.
Here are six Hollywood stars who are now part of the technology business:
The tech industry has been a source of fascination for many, and Hollywood is no exception.
So it’s not really surprising that we’re seeing more celebrities getting involved in the technology business.
We’ve seen Ashton Kutcher invest in Airbnb and Spotify, Lady Gaga release an app, Snoop Dogg launch a mobile media service and Justin Bieber create a social-networking site.
Here are 6 more Hollywood stars who have put their money into the tech business:
Jessica Alba: When Jessica Alba became a mother, she found herself frustrated with the lack of information on non-toxic household products. So she decided to start her own company that would make safe products, called The Honest Company. It sells everything from diapers to cleaners, and raised $70 million in funding earlier this year.
You might be surprised that many of your favorite actors and actresses now have side gigs as entrepreneurs. They’ve founded or backed companies ranging from beauty products to dating services to underwear.
Check out this list of celebrities who are also in the tech business.
1. Jessica Alba
2. Ashton Kutcher
3. Justin Timberlake
4. Gwyneth Paltrow
5. Ryan Seacrest
6. Natalie Portman
There are a few big names in Hollywood that have made the leap from the silver screen to tech startups. Some, like Ashton Kutcher and Justin Timberlake, are investors, while others have taken more of an active role in their company’s operations.
Check out six of the biggest stars who have dipped their toes into the technology world.
1. Gwyneth Paltrow: Co-founder and CEO of Goop
The actress launched a lifestyle website called Goop in 2008, which has grown into a full-blown media company with 100 million monthly unique visitors to its website and $15 million in annual revenue.
2. Jared Leto: Investor and adviser in several companies
The Academy Award winner has invested or advised multiple companies including Uber, Nest, DocuSign, Zenefits and Robinhood. Leto was also one of the first investors in Snapchat’s Series A funding round.
3. Leonardo DiCaprio: Advisor to Mobli Media
The actor has been an adviser at Mobli since 2013 and even starred in the company’s promotional video highlighting its social discovery features. The Israeli startup is a mobile-first visual media platform that allows users to share photos and videos on iOS, Android and BlackBerry devices.
There are several Hollywood actors turned entrepreneurs who are now making it big in the tech business.
The list includes the likes of Jared Leto, Justin Timberlake, and Ashton Kutcher.
Actors may be better known for their acting skills, but some of them have proven themselves to be adept at entrepreneurship too.
They’ve all brought their creative skills to bear and have either invested in or started businesses that are proving to be lucrative.
Some have even gone so far as to launch their own venture capital firms.
Here are six famous actors who are now making a splash in the tech business.
Technology is more exciting than Hollywood, and you get to work on harder problems.
Hollywood is a glamorous place, but the entertainment industry is still a business. The actors and actresses who make it in this business are the ones who are able to balance their creative side with a keen sense of their own business savvy.
While many of these stars choose to keep their focus on acting and building their brand, there are some who want to dip their toes into the tech world as well.
Here are six celebrities that have put some of their own money into technology startups, either through investments or becoming company founders themselves.