Back to school season is here, and that means it’s time for students to start buying their dorm room supplies. It’s been a while since you’ve had to buy everything you need for college, so we’re here to give you a little refresher.
In case you need a little more help than just this list, we also have an article with the best gadgets under $100 for every college freshman.
Here are 5 of the best gadgets under $50 for every college freshman:
1. Portable charger – In case you didn’t know, portable chargers are battery packs that keep all of your devices charged while you’re on the go. These are perfect when you’re out of your dorm room and don’t have access to power outlets. Our favorite is the Anker PowerCore 20100mAh because of its high capacity and small size.
2. Headphones – For those times when you want to keep your music to yourself or just need some peace and quiet around noisy roommates. We recommend using earbuds so they can stay on your body at all times, but if you’re looking for something bigger, try some over-the-ear headphones instead. Our favorite earbuds are the budget-friendly Anker SoundBuds Sport NB
There’s a lot of great gadgets out there that can make your life easier as a college student. I’ve compiled five of what I believe to be the best gadgets under $50 for every college freshman (or any student for that matter).
1. Google Chromecast. This device is $35 and hooks into your HDMI port on your TV and allows you to stream content from your phone, tablet, or laptop onto your TV wirelessly. It even allows you to mirror your phone on your TV letting you play games on a larger screen than your phone or tablet.
2. Amazon Fire Stick. If you’re not set on Google products the Amazon Fire Stick may be right for you. It’s basically the same thing as the Chromecast except it uses Amazon’s app store instead of Google Play.
3. The Under Desk Elliptical Machine. This machine is great because it allows you to get exercise while doing homework or studying. It also isn’t expensive only costing $40!
4. A Bluetooth Speakerphone For Your Car. This device is perfect if you do a lot of driving and need to make calls hands-free! Many car manufacturers have begun integrating Bluetooth into their cars, but most do not so this product is an easy pick up for less than
As the school year starts, college students will need the right gadgets to survive the year. In order to save you time and money, I have a list of 5 gadgets that every college student should have in their dorm room.
1. Laptop: Most colleges and universities require students to own a laptop, so you might as well get one that is affordable. The $329 HP Stream 11 is an ideal choice for students who only need something for word processing and web browsing. It runs Windows 8.1 and has an Intel Celeron processor, 2GB memory, 32GB of storage, and a battery that lasts about 7 hours. It comes in purple, blue or white and is available at most electronics retailers.
2. Tablet: Tablets are great for taking notes and reading textbooks but also come with handy apps like Facebook and Twitter. The $199 Kindle Fire HDX is a good option with its sharp screen, long battery life, light weight design and cheap apps. However, the Fire HDX is only available on Amazon but there are other tablets on the market like the Nexus 7 and iPad Mini that can be found at electronics retailers around town.
3. Headphones: Listening to music in the library will annoy other students so invest in headphones
With the new school year right around the corner, it’s time to find the perfect gadgets to help the college freshman make their dorm room feel like home. For a lot of us, this is our first time living on our own and we want to make sure we have everything we need. These gadgets below should do just that!
Nest Thermostat E
One of the perks of living in a dorm room is having your own thermostat. The Nest Thermostat E is great because it has a clean design and will match just about any decor. This device also automatically adjusts its temperature based on your routine so you will save money on your energy bill.
Aukey Wireless Charger with Quick Charge 3.0 Adapter ($35)
The best part about wireless chargers is that they look cool and get the job done without fumbling with cables. One of the main benefits of this wireless charger from Aukey is that it can charge your phone up at 7.5W and speeds up to 2-3 times faster than conventional chargers with no hassle. Just place down your iPhone 8 or later and go! You can also buy this charger with a USB cable for $40 here: https://amzn.to/2PNM
No matter how prepared you are for college, there are always a few items that you never think to bring. Whether you’re an incoming freshman or a senior in his last year at school, there’s always something new to buy for your dorm or apartment.
The trouble is that most gadgets for college students tend to be expensive and unnecessary. You don’t need the latest smartphone or tablet–you just want something that will make life easier for you as a student.
This guide is full of gadgets under $50 that will help you with studying, organizing your stuff, and staying up-to-date on what’s going on around campus.
1. PNY Attache Flash Drive
With the ability to hold 32GB of data and transfer files quickly, this USB drive is perfect for any college student who needs to take class notes or study guides with them everywhere they go. It even comes with a lanyard so you can clip it onto your backpack or keychain and not lose it! $24.99 from Amazon.
Garmin Vivofit Fitness Band
Are you a freshman at college and are eager to stay fit? We suggest you get the Garmin Vivofit fitness band. It will help you track your steps, calories burned, distance traveled, monitor your sleep patterns and also remind you when it’s time to take a break. Did we mention it can also measure your heart rate with an optional accessory?
Kidde RemoteLync Monitor
The Kidde RemoteLync Monitor is a unique device that lets you check if all is well at home even if you are away. It monitors temperature and humidity levels in your home and also has carbon monoxide, smoke and movement sensors. It sends all the data to your smartphone. You can even record videos of what’s going on at home. This will surely make your parents feel better about letting their baby go off to college!
Anker 40W 5-Port Desktop Charger
The Anker 40W 5-Port Desktop Charger is an excellent gadget for those who have multiple devices that need charging. It has four USB ports and one AC port that can charge five devices simultaneously. The charger charges up to four times faster than conventional chargers thus saving precious time.
Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch
The Samsung Gear Smart
During your first year at college, you’ll be meeting a ton of new people. You’ll also be moving into a new dorm room and setting up life in a new place. This can be overwhelming at times, which is why it’s so important to have some gadgets to help you out.
Here are five gadgets that will make your freshman year easier and more fun:
1. A Long Charging Cable for Your Phone
You don’t want to have to get up every time you need to charge your phone. That’s why you should invest in a charging cable that’s at least six feet long. Then you can keep using your phone while it charges on the other side of the room.
2. A Set of Wireless Headphones
Wireless headphones let you listen to music or watch movies without bothering anyone else in your dorm room. They’re also great if you want to work out but don’t feel like carrying around an MP3 player.
3. A Portable Speaker
If you’re going to be spending time with friends in your dorm room, then a portable speaker is an essential gadget for enjoying music together. Look for one that’s waterproof and gets good reviews from users on sites like Amazon and Best Buy.
4. A Tablet Stand