You’ve probably heard that “content is king”. But what does that really mean?
Well, there’s a reason why content is regarded as the most important asset of any website. High quality content helps you get more traffic, improve search engine rankings, and connect better with your audience.
In this article, I will share 21 tips to help you improve your website. These tips focus on key areas like content, user experience, and conversion rate optimization.
Let’s dive right in…
1. Write a Compelling Headline
2. Add Images with Alt Text
3. Use Bullet Lists
4. Write Short Paragraphs
5. Write Attention-Grabbing Subheadings
6. Make Your Links Stand Out From the Text
7. Make Your Website Easy to Scan and Read
8. Use Short Sentences and Small Words
9. Use Power Words
10. Highlight Keywords Within Your Content
11. Include Actionable Calls to Action on Every Page of Your Site
12. Don’t Forget About the Writing Style of Your Content
13. Test Different Lengths of Content for Readability and Conversion Rates
14. Choose a User-Friendly Web Font for Copy
15. Use Whitespace, Borders, and Dividers to Break Up Long Sections of Text
16. Put Your Most Important Information “Above the Fold”
17. Focus on One Thing at a Time in Each Section or Page of Your Website (a/k/a “Single Tasking”)
18. Stay Focused on the Topic at Hand With Each Page of Your Website (a/k/a “Topic Consistency”)
19. Optimize for Mobile Devices, As Well as Desktops (Google’s “Mobile
It is more than possible to learn how to build a website quickly, but there are plenty of different things that you need to think about. The fact is that every website is different, and as such, you need to know what it takes to make yours stand out.
That’s why we have put together this handy guide for you on how to improve your website today. There are plenty of different things you can do to enhance your site and make it the best it can be, and in this article we’re going to look at some of the most important ways you can achieve this for yourself.
Make Your Site Faster
There are lots of different things that can slow down a website, but if there’s one thing that hits a site particularly hard it’s images. They take up a lot of space, and if they are not designed properly then it could mean your site loads much more slowly than it needs to.
It’s worth investing in a tool like TinyPNG or something similar, which will allow you to compress all the images on your site and help improve their loading time immensely. This is something that will help the user experience no end, so make sure you bear it in mind when designing your site.
So you’ve gone through the process of setting up your website and you’re happy with how it looks, but you want it to do more. How do you go about making that happen?
There are some simple measures you can take to help improve your website without breaking the bank and they don’t require a huge amount of technical expertise.
By following our simple checklist, you can make sure that your site is performing as well as it should be and meeting the needs of your business.
1. Make it easy to find your contact information.
2. Make it easy to read.
3. Don’t make your visitors think.
4. Use images and diagrams to convey ideas.
5. Be consistent with colors, fonts and graphics so that users know what is clickable and what is not.
6. Give an indication of load time up front.
7. Use white space to make the site easier to scan.
8. Break up long blocks of text into more manageable chunks with subheads, bullet points, and highlighted words or phrases.
9. Use plenty of headings and subheadings with keywords that indicate what can be found in the section below them (h2, h3 tags).
10. Use links and buttons that look like links and buttons (underlined blue text for links, large buttons for calls to action).
11. Link out to reputable sources that support your content or argument (but don’t overdo it; otherwise you’ll look like you’re trying too hard).
12. Include social sharing buttons on every blog post so readers can easily share your content on their own social media sites if they want to promote it there as well (and get more traffic back to your
1. Define Your Purpose
3. Ensure Your Site Is Easy To Use
4. Content, Content, Content…
5. Build Trust With Visitors
6. Provide A Call To Action
7. Testimonials & Reviews
8. Social Media Presence
9. Test, Test and Test Some More!
10. Provide Contact Details
11. Make It Easy For People To Share Your Content On Social Media Sites
12. Get Rid Of Clutter!
13. Design Your Website For Mobile Users
14. Promote Your Website Offline!
15. Proofread All Content!
16. Learn From The Competition
17. Check Your Loading Time
18 . Optimize Images
19 . Add A Blog
20 . Let Google Know You Exist!
21 . Perform Regular Updates